System Programmer Analyst
Website Marvin Windows and Doors
Built Around You
Key Factors for Position Success
This systems programmer/analyst will be focused on creating and enhancing solutions to meet the needs of The Marvin Companies. The programmer/analyst shall provide programming and analysis for the improvement of our existing ERP system. The programmer/analyst will be expected to understand all solution components and how they inter-operate to support business processes and management informational needs. The programmer/analyst shall influence the interface and integration strategies with external systems and shall collaborate closely with the ERP and IS technical support teams to enhance the capabilities and support of manufacturing.
The people that make up the Marvin Family of Brands are dedicated to enriching the places where we live and work. What began over 100 years ago as a family company built on an old-fashioned code of honesty, hard work, and service to their neighbors is now one of the world’s premier window and door companies. Through our three unique brands—Marvin, Integrity, and Infinity—and each brand’s unique offerings of customization and performance, we can provide a solution to any project. For everything from new construction to remodeling and replacements, to commercial building and even historical restorations, we never take shortcuts, and we always adhere to the highest possible standards and the highest levels of service. We stand behind every one of our products, every step of the way.
Our entire organization is on a path toward both current and future success by winning, growing, and thinking differently. To us, this means that we empower our employees to make important decisions; we embrace flexibility with accountability; we encourage our employees to take ownership of their career growth; and we challenge employees to demonstrate initiative and propose solutions to consistently move us forward.
Innovation and quality are our heritage and our future. We have our finger on the pulse of our customers’ needs, which guides our focus, securing our industry leadership status. Above all, we are family – Marvin family founded, owned, and led, which inspires our deeply collaborative, high performance work environments. We are innovators. We are passionate. And we trust each other, because many of us have nearly 20 years of expertise to share with those who bring new ideas and fresh ways of thinking to our teams. If that’s you, join us.
Essential Job Functions
• Work as a member of a business team to create specifications, design documents and a plan for applications to be developed
• Design and develop applications utilizing the appropriate hardware, database and development tools to create, modify, test and troubleshoot applications
• Work in conjunction with business users to conduct testing of the applications developed
• Review applications developed by other team members, testing adequacy and documentation
• Become a subject matter expert on configuration and operation of the current Marvin ERP system
• Analyze performance issues with software and recommend courses of action to remediate
• Produce technical documentation where needed to support the program initiatives
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• A strong desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
• Must be willing to work independently with limited general supervision
• Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines are critical
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications with an emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions
Education and Experience
• 4-year degree in computer science, information systems or related field or a combination of related experience and education
• A minimum of two(2) years of in-depth work experience with Oracle Forms and Reports
• Experience in prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines
• Experience in a manufacturing setting
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.
No recruiter inquiries.
NOTE: This employer will not consider any candidate who needs VISA sponsorship now or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org