Doug’s Supermarket Deli Manager
1) Responsible for the overall profit and loss (P&L) financial performance of the department to include sales and expenses for the achievement of profitable goals.
2) Interact with store’s community to positively position the company’s presence.
3) Maintains weekly follow-up of CTO and Sales to Labor sheets to ensure goals are being achieved.
4) Walk the department and perform a daily audit of the overall department evaluating: merchandising, signage, employee dress code, freshness, dating, shop-ability, execution of action planning and cleanliness of sales floor and prep rooms.
5) Implements and maintains positive employee relations, department moral and seeks assistance from human resources.
6) Review and evaluate the department employees on job function and performance.
7) Properly scheduling the department for optimum customer service while maintaining department standards.
8) Monitor department inventory level for desirable stock while maintaining sufficient cash flow and inventory turns.
9) Monitor competition regularly for pricing, variety, quality, and merchandising.
10) Carry out store promotions for community involvement and market share growth.
An effective department manager must communicate effectively with strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Department managers are required to have a minimum of two years of supermarket experience. Basic computer skills such as word and excel are required. Must have exceptional people skills to empower, teach, and direct subordinates. Must be results oriented to achieve budgeted sales and margins. Although not required, a bachelor’s degree in business or management is highly valued.
Manages plans and leads the day to day activities of a department ensuring a profitable operation of the department. Implements company merchandising and inventory programs. Reviews employees and associates and resolves department issues.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org